Thursday, October 9, 2008
A Why Day
So any of you who have a child around the age of 3/4 will know exactly what my day was like yesterday when I say that Aiden asked some sort of why question at least a hundred times. I'm glad he's inquisitive but it does get to be a bit much, and to be totally honest I felt like pulling my hair out. Desperate around lunch time for a few minutes of adult conversation with my husband, knowing he wasn't in class I gave him a quick call. It was a great break to talk to him and I had mentioned to him that it was a "why day". Well, Aiden must have overheard that because a few hours later I said to him, "ok Aiden, how about no more why's for a while?" Responding like he was so frustrated with me he said, "Ahhh! but mom , it's a why day!" How else can you respond to that but by laughing. Later John made the mistake of also requesting that he ask no more why questions, he of course received the same response. Finally at bed time when I just couldn't take anymore I announced, "the why day is over!". Who knew that's all I had to do? Granted he was headed to bed and there was not much time for him to ask any more questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You invented a fun theme day without knowing it! Well, fun for him anyway...
oh my i know exactly how you feel. It seems you handled it quite well though!!
You're hilarious. I nearly peed my pants when I saw that cupcake clip from Aiden's birthday. I might just watch it again now. Sorry playgroup was so nuts today. We need to start doing our own personal playdates so we can actually talk. Do you guys have a day that is typically open?
Haha! Parker's had the occassional "why" spree, but he hasn't really been too bad. The only time he really pushes the "whys" is when I've told him "no" to something he's asked for. I hate to sound like the stereotypical frazzled mom, but we've had a few of those conversations that have ended with, "because I'm the mom and I said so!"
That's hilarious! I definitely agree that is can get annoying! With my kids it's been "How come?" What's also crazy is how much they listen to EVERYTHING we say - even when it's not directed to them!
Oh my goodness! I wrote a post about that concerning Cameron awhile ago. He hasn't been asking why lately, thanks goodness. Not that I don't like why, it's the amount of Whys!
That reminds me of that children's show, Super Y!
Post a Comment