This years "entry" (please note the teeth, as much time was spent on them)
As for me, mine is not quite so good but I've come a long way from the typical jack o lantern
And we can't forget the work Aiden put into his pumpkins. He picked out the small one from the store because he thought a white pumpkin was cool but when he got home he decided that pumpkins really should be orange and proceeded to paint it as he felt it SHOULD be.
Now on to the costumes. Every year since Aiden was 1, John and I have made the kids costumes. We love coming up with something creative. Since Aiden very much loves playing Nintendo's Mariocart on our Wii, he was thrilled with the idea of being Mario. Now for Abby, we thought maybe Luigi or Princess Peach would be good. However, she has this very cute waddle when she walks so we thought a Goomba would be quite fitting.

For those not familiar with what a Goomba is.
Mario and the Goomba coexisting in peace
As for me, mine is not quite so good but I've come a long way from the typical jack o lantern
And we can't forget the work Aiden put into his pumpkins. He picked out the small one from the store because he thought a white pumpkin was cool but when he got home he decided that pumpkins really should be orange and proceeded to paint it as he felt it SHOULD be.
Now on to the costumes. Every year since Aiden was 1, John and I have made the kids costumes. We love coming up with something creative. Since Aiden very much loves playing Nintendo's Mariocart on our Wii, he was thrilled with the idea of being Mario. Now for Abby, we thought maybe Luigi or Princess Peach would be good. However, she has this very cute waddle when she walks so we thought a Goomba would be quite fitting.
For those not familiar with what a Goomba is.

Mario and the Goomba coexisting in peace
So off we went Trick or Treating. Abby made it about 4 houses, so she and I headed back to our friends house. Dad and Aiden continued on with a mission to get a good haul of candy. Aiden lasted about an hour and was thrilled with how much candy he had gotten. At one point he turned to John and announce "Dad, I like this day!". John's response was, "if you think you like this day just wait till Christmas", much to the amusement of a woman passing with her children. Thank goodness it was such a warm day. Layers were all Mario needed to stay warm.
Of course we had to capture Abby on video. She wasn't crazy about having the costume on when we taped this, so please imagine the screaming as Goomba growls. For the most part she was quite happy to waddle around in her costume. She lasted a whole hour at our wards Trunk or Treat party and was likely the warmest kid there.
Of course we had to capture Abby on video. She wasn't crazy about having the costume on when we taped this, so please imagine the screaming as Goomba growls. For the most part she was quite happy to waddle around in her costume. She lasted a whole hour at our wards Trunk or Treat party and was likely the warmest kid there.
7 comments:
Seriously... The crafty skills are a little overwhelming! But the kids looked awesome!
Haha - I LOVE the costumes! What a great idea - and the goomba costume - priceless! The pumpkins are AMAZING!!!! Wow!
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. costumes! I had no idea that those 'Goombas' even had a name. I always thought they were scarey mushroom people.
Oh! I forgot to mention the pumpkins. Totally amazing. And the teeth were great, John. A dental hygienist can see the detail!
I LOVED the costumes. What a great mom to create your kids costumes every year. Goomba was brilliant and looks like the real deal. The pumpkins are awesome and must have taken forever! Good Job guys...
I LOVE the pumpkins! I wish we could've done a pumpkin this year, but alas we were too busy moving!
Are you kidding me? those pumpkins were amazing! I love it :)
Post a Comment