I know I'm way behind yet again, and I do plan to get fully caught up over the next few days, so be sure to keep checking back. July started with 4th of July celebrations. First, with a small town parade in the morning. Next, fireworks, but where? We knew that the Boston Pops concert and fireworks show in Boston is close to the top and usually number 1 on any list of Top 10 4th of July fireworks shows, but I was concerned about fighting the crowds with two small children, but when friends invited us to go with them and other friends offered to take our kids the decision was made, Boston it was. Aiden LOVES fireworks so we decided to take him and leave Abby. A BIG thanks to Dave and Chris for taking the little turkey:)! We went nice and early and grabbed a great spot next to the Charles River directly across from the barge that was to be firing off the more than 20,000 lbs of fireworks. It was a long wait but at least we had pizza and speakers nearby blaring the Boston Pops concert taking place just across the river. Of course I must not forget to mention that Neil Diamond himself was there performing as well (what more could you ask for:) It was absolute chaos after the show but we safely and fairly quickly (thanks to our assertive friend Nic) got on the train and headed home. Was it worth it you ask? OH YES!! Here's a few pictures courtesy of my resident photographer John.
3 comments:
awesome fireworks pics! we definitely have to do that when we don't have a newborn!
Wow. I've never had firework photos turn out so well. Those looked brilliant.
Glad the whole thing went well for you.
I'm excited to read up on all your summer adventures.
Sounds like a blast! Thats one thing we never did while we were there and we regret!
P.S. Could you e-mail me your spinach dip recipe? Jay has been craving some good stuff and I thought of you!
Post a Comment