Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm free

That's how Abby says she 3. I can't believe my baby girl is not a baby anymore! We love this crazy, aggressively affectionate little girl. She makes us laugh constantly, loves to give us all hugs and is a great big sister who loves to help with Ben. She does all the things to Aiden that any normal little sister does, mostly driving him crazy but loves him to pieces. I love listening to the progress in her speech and watching her develop like crazy. I loved age 3 with Aiden and am looking forward to the next year with Abby. Her birthday was Thursday (6th) but since John had class till 7pm there was not too much celebrating to be had that day. We had a birthday party for her yesterday with a few nursery friends and had a great time. So here it is, Abby's 3rd birthday party.

The flowers John came home from school with for Abby on her birthday, she was so excited. Good thing John goes to school just up the street from a big flower market.

Started the party off with a little lunch, they don't look like they're having fun but I assure you, they did:)

I bought this game for our flower and butterfly theme party, it's called Elefun, they loved it! (click to enlarge so you can check out the expression on Abby's face)

Time to open presents (thanks everyone, she loves everything she got). Starting with the unveiling of her new chicken (still can't seem to get the word kitchen out:)

Hugs all around and a little time to play with the new kitchen.

Cake time! We had a normal 2/3 year old mishap with a party guest getting to Abby's candles before she could so we had a re-light, she blew them out as I lit them.

I had so much fun making this cake. I saw the link to a blog with instructions for the butterflies as I was snooping around on facebook one day. They were surprisingly easy to make.

6 comments:

Cherisa said...

We almost bought that elefun game ourselves! Looks like they really enjoyed it! Though Aiden looks less than thrilled to be sitting at the table with a bunch of little girls! :)

Happy Birthday Abby!

Tamsen said...

He loved every minute of it!

Amit and Heather said...

The cake looks great! I'm glad everyone had fun!

Cody said...

Still embarassed about Emerson's preemptive BLOW, sorry! Hope it didn't spoil Abby's day. The cake was perfect Tamsen, you're amazing.

Marie said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! How did you do that?

We love Elefun around here too. It is a great little kid game.

Oh - and I LOVE the felt food. Aimee has lots of wooden toy food, so I can't decide if I should go through all the work to make this gorgous felt kind I've been seeing around, but everytime I see it, I'm in love with it. Decisions, decisions...

Abby Metz said...

lol - she is such a darling! I love that John brought her flowers! Your cake looks AWESOME! Happy Birthday Abby!!!!