Thursday, October 7, 2010

Aiden is 6!

I'm slowly getting caught up on blogging and the next occasion I must document is Aiden's birthday. I can't believe he's 6! I LOVE this boy. September was a big month for him. He started first great, started taking a school bus for the first time and turned the very anticipated age of six. Grandma and Grandpa Keyes were here to celebrate with us, so it was an extra special birthday. He waffled between a race car theme and a Super Mario Bros. theme. Mario won the battle. Together we planned out the games and lunch menu. He had the same crowd of party guests as last year and we had a ton of fun. I'm sure John would rather edit the photos a little first but, seeing as he's too busy being a third year dental student to do anything else, here they are unedited.
One handed Grandma helping to entertain while we waited for the last couple guests to arrive, "what a trooper Grandma!".
Pin Mario on the flagpole. The goal, get Mario as close to the top as possible.
Hit Bowser with fireballs.
A treasure hunt to rescue Princess Peach.
Question block pinata.
The cake, yikes what a disaster. I was just a little too ambitious this year. Mario of course was too heavy for the lovely moist chocolate cake which completely split open. Luckily Mario is supposed to be bursting out of the cake so it kind of worked. Those dishes surrounding it are (yes you guessed it) holding Mario up. Aiden loved it though and that's all I cared about.
Of coursed he was completely spoiled by his friends.
We got him a camera, and as soon as he opened it, he felt the need to take pictures of all his gifts.

We finished the day off with a little post party party. It was kind of like Christmas actually. Grandma and Grandpa absolutely spoiled the kids and pretty much doubled their lists of belongings:) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, Aiden and Abby have been having a great time with all their toys!

We love Aiden! Aiden is a great big brother, has a goofy sense of humor, is pretty sensitive, and loves working with his hands. He loves video games, lego and tranformers and well pretty much is a mini me of John:) Life would be very different without Aiden and I'm so grateful that he is a part of our family.

5 comments:

kristen said...

Awesome party! I'm totally impressed with your cake... What little boy wouldn't love that!?

Jen said...

Such a talented sis! Looks like it was LOTS of fun.

Cody said...

You should start a kids party planning business, girl you've got serious talent!
I love the school bus shots.

Marie said...

I don't care what you say; that cake looked amazing!

Such a fun party! Carter is just getting into video games now. (rather, I'm just starting to let him play them now. I'm sure he would have loved them long ago) I wonder if next year he'll choose a video game theme....

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Aiden! Great cake! lookes like a fun party