I know many of you are tired of seeing the winter wonderland and are wondering what has happened to us. Well stay tuned because I certainly do have lots of catching up to do. First though, I need your help. I'm teaching a class at church on budget friendly cooking on the 15th and want your favorite recipe or recipes. I'm talking dinner for $10 or less for a family of four. Okay, Ready, Go!
2 comments:
Broccoli Bacon Macaroni for less than $10 - feeds 6 with salad :)
5 pieces bacon
florets of broccoli- frozen or fresh
2 cups macaroni noodles
2 cups cheddar cheese
black pepper
1 piece bread
2 tblsp butter or margerine
1.5 cups milk
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cook Noodles
2. Make cheese sauce:
- melt butter in saucepan, add flour & pepper, stir in milk until warm, add cheese
3. microwave bacon (& broccoli if frozen)
4. mix noodles, cheese sauce, broccoli, & bacon in a bowl
5. pack in a casserole dish
6. Add a layer of cheese on top, with bread crumbs
7. Cook for 20 min, uncover for last 5 min to make breadcrumbs crunchy
Taco Soup:
1 can tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pork 'n beans (what kind of beans are those anyway?)
1 lb browned ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 tsp brown sugar
throw everything together and heat. Serve topped with shedded cheese and sour cream, tortilla chips on the side!
Post a Comment