Thursday, June 23, 2011

NYC with the Girls

Way back at the end of April (I know, we're talking about two months ago here. Even Kristen who just moved across the country managed to post about this before me), a few friends and I headed down to the Big Apple for a 26hr frenzy of fun. I'm sure some of you are wondering if you really can see NYC in 26hrs and although the answer is "absolutely not" you might be surprised by how much you can do. Here is the rundown of our 26hrs.

Just arriving in the city, I had the great privilege of being the driver for the trip. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, only one minor close call with a taxi.

We got checked into the Hilton 6th Ave. A big thanks to Lance and Em for the use of some Hilton points and to Em for getting us a room upgrade upon our rocky arrival:) First thing on the itinerary and always the most important thing for me, food. Very tasty, very cheap street food. Mmmmm Halal.

Followed by a stop at the very cute Magnolia Bakery. I really am not a sweets person so didn't get anything but I did enjoy watching the guy frosting cakes.

A pass by Radio city. It was only a couple blocks from our hotel so whenever we saw it we knew we were close to home base.

30 Rock and a tour of NBC studios.

A little photo op. This is us trying to be serious, Em is already cracking.
Seconds later. Pretty much the mood of our entire trip.

Just because the kids weren't with me doesn't mean I didn't think of them. These pictures for Aiden and yes I did go inside and get him a little something.

A little shopping, a lot of walking and a stop a Grand Central station. What a beautiful building.

It was then time for a stop back at the hotel to beautify or rest our feet for a few minutes before heading here. Memphis was amazing and certainly the highlight of the trip (next to more fun than we should have had in Daffy's basement:) Thanks Steph for scoring us front row seats, I loved every spit/sweat dodging moment!

A little of Times Square on the way back to the hotel for the night.
No we did not all sleep in the same bed.

The next morning, we headed way out of the way and headed down to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. My final instructions from Aiden before leaving were, "don't forget to take of picture of the Statue of Liberty." We didn't have time to take the boat over but we did see her from a distance.

Wall St on the way back up to pick up the car and head home.

Thanks Kristen for being our photographer and being okay with sharing the unedited photos. I know I'm not doing them justice. To see pictures at their best check out her post here. Thanks Ladies for such an easy going great time. When and where is the reunion trip?

3 comments:

Lance and Em said...

NYC... I still think my feet are in resting mode from all of our walking! Cute post T!

Marie said...

LOVED NYC when Dirk and I went a few years ago. This post makes me want to go back! Like today!

So fun to get a chance to have some real girl time together. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Abby Metz said...

envious = me.