As for Tamsen, she decided to take up knitting. John says it's an old granny thing to do, but determined to learn she headed out and bought some knitting needles and some yarn, got on line and started learning. She found a pattern for a very cute little toque online and even though it was probably not the easiest project to start with, with a little trial and error this is the finished project.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
What keeps us busy
Very far from family and all things familiar to us, so what keeps us occupied? Let's start with John. As expected much of his time spent at home is taken up by studying.
Of course there is always time for video games with Aiden, pillow fights with the kids and watching a little Iron Chef with Tamsen, but the latest distraction is an old addiction. He is back in the world of salt water aquariu
ms. A break from studying often consists of browsing the forums and working on putting together this small nano 6 gallon aquarium. So far it houses only salt water and live rocks but there are plans for a small anemone, a pair of clown fish and some corals.

As for Tamsen, she decided to take up knitting. John says it's an old granny thing to do, but determined to learn she headed out and bought some knitting needles and some yarn, got on line and started learning. She found a pattern for a very cute little toque online and even though it was probably not the easiest project to start with, with a little trial and error this is the finished project.

Tamsen has also always loved making her house look like a home and right now in order to achieve that, we need some things on our walls. While visiting her brother and sister inlaw before moving she saw a very cool piece of art work on the wall. It was a bunch of beach rocks carefully placed on some cardstock forming the shape of a square. It had been made for them by a friend of theirs. Tamsen borrowed the idea and ran with it. She obsessively collected rocks, shells and sand from Massachusetts beaches and this is the outcome.
Aiden would play Mario cart all day if we let him, but we don't. So he can often be found playing with cars, reading, colouring and playing with Abby (sometimes playing, sometimes bossing her around). Since the kids also need some art work on their wall, Tamsen decided he should paint a picture. Thinking that he would just quickly spread some paint on the canvas Tamsen provided a few colours of paint and a variety of brushes. It ended up taking him two days to very carefuly cover his canvas, and we all think the outcome is great.

Last but not least, what does Abby do? Well, she spends most of her day getting into things she shouldn't or tormenting her brother. We must say though that she is extremely cute, keeps us laughing and can be very sweet. Last week she found her swimsuit and decided she wanted it on so she brought it to mom, handed it to her saying "uh, uh, uh" (good thing mom can understand her). So here she is running aroud (with the swimsuit over her pj's) giving us a fashion show.
And here is a very cute picture of her just hanging out with a shark.
As for Tamsen, she decided to take up knitting. John says it's an old granny thing to do, but determined to learn she headed out and bought some knitting needles and some yarn, got on line and started learning. She found a pattern for a very cute little toque online and even though it was probably not the easiest project to start with, with a little trial and error this is the finished project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You people are artistic geniuses (Specifically Tamsen and Aiden but Abby has an eye for fashion).
You all are oozing with creativity! I LOVE LOVE the ocean art too Tamsen, amazing.
Tamsen got a blog! Tamsen got a blog! Tamsen got a blog! I am going to hyperventalate!
I'm glad you started this up, I've been wondering what was going on in your life, and now there is a little window for me to peek through.
Aiden's canvass really looks like something you would buy. It is beautiful. Such a great idea for you to have done. And I am beyond imressed with your knitting. Crazy. I started to learn, but havne't kept up with it, and now I am sure I would be completely useless with needles.
Glad to hear from you!
Did I say how awesome that picture Aiden painted is? I LOVE it! It makes me want Cameron to paint a picture for his room.
So awesome you started blogging.
Sounds like you keep busy the way we do! I haven't taken up knitting but it's a skill I'd like to develop... someday. The ward RS was doing a regular knitting night monthly. You might be able to jump in on that if you're interested.
Cute shots!
Hahaha! Love the pic of Abby in the swimsuit! Also love all of your wall pics & art! Tamsen, I've been knitting since I was 19 (Shaun used to tease me that I was 19 going on 90), I've done almost everything, but have not yet attempted a cable knit pattern. I can't believe you did that FIRST! You are amazing! It looks great!!!
Tamsen-
Hey! I found you through Meredith's blog. Your family is so artistic! I especially love your framed beach artwork. We need to get some stuff up on our walls too. I am very impressed with your kitting. I can crochet but knitting always seems to slow and hard.
See you soon!
Hey nice blog! I was wondering if I could link yours on mine? Your kids are super cute, that little girl of yours is getting so big! Looks like your having a lot of fun out there!
Post a Comment