Monday, November 10, 2008

So Proud

So Aiden gave his first talk in primary this past Sunday. He helped me write it and get some pictures together on Saturday, then we practiced it several times. He was so excited!

Sunday morning came along and we practiced it a couple more times and he was ready. When it was finally time to go to primary, he sat in the front and very patiently waited his turn. He stepped up to the microphone without any fear and with his mouth touching the mic he confidently repeated everything that I whispered to him. All went very smoothly with only one hiccup when he saw that on the back of one of the pictures we used was a picture of a clown fish. As we have a clown fish in John's aquarium, he got very excited and started saying "look mom that looks just like um, um Jack!" The fish is actually unnamed and so he just said the name of the first pet that came to mind, our cat. I quickly got him back on track and he completed his talk.

I was so proud of him and a little sad that I couldn't watch him from the front. He really has come out of his shell this past year and especially in the few months that we've lived here. My shy boy is not so shy anymore.

"I am thankful for my body. I know my body is a temple."

"When I was born, I received a body.



Because Heavenly Father blessed me with a body, I can do lots of things. With my feet I can walk and stomp. With my nose I can smell. I can look with my eyes and eat and talk with my mouth. With my arms I can give hugs, and with my head I can think. (He came up with all these himself.)



Just like the temple is a place where Heavenly Father's spirit is. My body is a place where my spirit lives. (This is when he saw the picture of a clown fish.)



Because my body is a temple I need to take care of it. I need to keep it clean by taking a shower (he's decided he's too big for baths). Eating good foods like bread, vegetables and fruits keeps my body healthy. Getting lots of sleep and exercise makes my body feel good.

I'm thankful that Heavenly Father gave me my body and will try to keep it a good place for my spirit to live."


I wish you all could have been there. I know you would have been just as proud of him as we were.




9 comments:

kristen said...

yay! and because i'm so lucky to be in primary i DID see it from the front! i think all the teachers were in awe tamsen. no sunbeam has ever given such a cute talk before! he did so good!

Cherisa said...

How exciting! Aiden's first talk as a Sunbeam! I was just thinking about how long it will be before my own Aiden does the exact same thing. Isn't it great we're part of a church that encourages these little souls to develop their own knowledge of the plan? Awesome!

Jen said...

Ahhhhhh......wish I could have seen it. Well done Aiden!!

Marie said...

Hooray for Aiden! That is a big deal. Good for him for doing such a great job. A special milestone.

Abby Metz said...

Congratulations Aiden! What a good job. I wouldn't describe Parker as "shy," but being in the spotlight makes him very uncomfortable. So far we have been assigned prayer and scripture in primary, and I have more or less ended up having to do both. The Primary presentation is at the end of the month and we've been practicing and practicing, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing that too - but you never know I guess!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

So cute! That is a very good talk for a Sunbeam! Hey, send me an email so I can send you an invite to my blog
kris.alldredge@gmail.com

Meredith said...

I miss primary for those cute talks ONLY! You did a great job on the visuals, what a good mommy.

Julie Keyes said...

Wow! What a great talk, Aiden! Good for you. Seriously, he would do well giving that talk in Sacrament meeting! I wish I could have been there, but you did such a great job, Tamsen, of posting it, I felt like I was there. I can even imagine him sitting patiently waiting for his turn. I laughed at the part where he was distracted at the clown fish on the back of the temple picture. I can see him spontaneously doing that. Thanks Tamsen for being a great mom, a great support and teacher to your children (I even learned something from that talk) and a great writer and blogger.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the visual aids.