Well, John has had an insane couple of months it seems, as his first year at dental school is winding down. It's one big exam after another. So other than studying, the only fun thing he was able to do was take some pictures for a local 5K charity run organized mainly by a couple people from church. The event held Easter weekend was the 7th annual Feed The Need, benefiting local food pantries. Between food and monetary donations a total of about 6800 cans/boxes was collected plus enough money to buy over 4000 more, Wow! Here are a few of the shots John got. I know there are a lot, but there were so many good ones to choose from. Of course I had to include several of the kids to show that we were there too:)














There are a few things that keep Aiden busy that he looks forward to weekly. Mondays he has swimming lessons. We are blessed to have a good friend who has taught swimming lessons for years and offered for Aiden and a few other kids to take lessons with her two children. One of the little girls taking lessons conveniently has a Grandmother who has an indoor pool and is so kind to heat it up once a week for us to use it. He has become quite comfortable in the water and loves going to lessons. Abby also loves getting in the water but struggles to be free the whole time insisting that she can swim on her own. Tuesdays he has a preschool swap. Three other mothers and myself take turns hosting/teaching. Thursdays we have playgroup, which gets us out with other kids and moms to do all kinds of fun things in the area. Here's a few of the little man.

Abby continues to be a ball of energy. I can't believe my baby will be 2 in just a couple weeks. Here's a few of what Abbs has been up to. The first is a display of some of her most recent art work. Thank goodness for Crayola washable. Unfortunately, it was too big of a job for baby wipes. After a Rug Doctor rental and a few times over, the second photo is the result.


She wore these clip on earrings she got for Easter for about an hour, I don't know how they didn't drive her crazy.



As for me, other than getting the kids out to the playground whenever the weather permits (not as often as I'd like) and Mcdonalds play place when it doesn't, you know what I've been up to. We were also busy with lots of fun on Easter weekend. I never seem to have any photo documentation of time spent with friends, but we do have a few honestly:), and they're good ones. Here's a few of Easter morning in our home.

"One for me, one for Abby"
And a couple things we've done the past week. The first few are from the Nantasket Beach kite festival. A little rain and no wind (very strange for this beach) meant no kites and few people. John had fun trying to get our new kite in the air, trying being key word here. The last few are from a petting zoo at a local nursery.
4 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy bees! I'm glad you took part in the Feed The Need, we were sad to miss it this year! The kids look good and maybe we will be seeing a little more of you guys!
Glad to see something new on your blog! By the way LOVE Abby's earrings and her couch drawings :)
Thank goodness for the crayola washable guarentee! I loved the toddler trot race. How fun! Easter looked great, and I'm glad to hear your Etsy shop was so busy. I'm glad we had an update; I'd been wondering about you guys. Abby is getting so big!
Glad to hear business has been booming! Okay, I LOVE your pictures. You must have gotten a spanky lense, or camera or something, because they're beautiful! Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
Oh yeah - and Naomi did the same thing to our couch the other day, but with yellow marker and in a smaller area - I have yet to try and scrub it out . . .
Post a Comment