Saturday, July 4, 2009

Just One

Many of you already know but here's the big announcement. The Keyes family will be going from a family of four to a family of five in January! When we first told Aiden that we were going to have a baby, he immediately put in his order for a brother AND another sister and was insistent that we would be having twins! Well it seems that it is routine to have an ultrasound here at your first prenatal appointment to confirm dates. Aiden thought it was pretty cool that a picture could be taken of the baby and we were able to show him that there is only one baby in there, to which he responded, "it looks like a boy." He'll have to wait till this little one makes it's appearance in January to find out for sure though, as again we won't be finding out the sex. The baby's measurements show that it's about a week ahead of what we expected but they kept the due date what I expected it to be, January 17. We are excited to be adding to our family and it's so much fun having a child that is old enough to really get it. Aiden is soooo excited to be a big brother again.

14 comments:

Kristen said...

That is really fun news, Congratulations!!! Are you going to find out what you are having?

Meredith said...

Wow, congrats! What a cute picture, Aiden looks so proud. I can't believe you'll have THREE kids!

Tamsen said...

I know, I can't believe we'll have three either! Nope we won't be finding our what we're having. We like the surprise.

Brad said...

CONGRATS!! So excited for you guys. This is Deidre btw but Brad is excited too.

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! I am so impressed that you are able to not find out the gender of the baby!! I will be anxiously awaiting Jan 17th for the news! I bet you are the cutest pregnant woman. Can't wait to see belly pics!

Melissa said...

Congrats guys! Thats awesome.

The Donahue's said...

Congrats! I love that you guys are waititng to find out what it will be, it is such fun to have a surprise!

Abby Metz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you feeling? I agree with Aiden - it looks like a boy (at least it must be so that you guys can continue to be our twin family! ;)

kristen said...

yay i'm glad it's "official" on the blog. ;)

Marie said...

Wow! Congratulations guys! That is so exciting. I hope you are feeling good. I'm all smiles for you.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! Will your baby be born in bostom? I guess so. that means it will have dual citizenship! so cool

Tamsen said...

Actually, we will likely be home for a couple months at that time. So we should continue to be an all Canadian family.

Missletoe said...

Wahoo! We're excited for a another little buddy too!

Jen said...

I'm not guessing the sex for the quilt this time..... 2 for 2 was fabulous but I don't know that I dare push my like and guess for a third time :)