Monday, May 3, 2010

4 Months!

I love this age! I can't help but feel important when all it takes is for Ben to see my face and he gives me the biggest smile he can. He's a happy little guy who loves his cuddles and would be quite content to have me hold him all day. We all know that's not possible though:) He is so close to rolling over it's crazy. I can't believe how fast he's growing. Aiden and Abby continue to absolutely adore him. Ben loves them too and has many smiles for all of us. I also love this new trend of him sleeping from 8:30pm till between 6 and 7am.

Abby turns 3 on Fri. and sometimes seems so big to me. While during those lingering 2 year old moments still seems so small. She continues to make us laugh, but the thing she does best is drive her big brother crazy. We love all her hugs and all of her quirks:)

Aiden is a great big brother and is usually a big help to me. It's just in his personality to be good. He loves school and is doing so well. He knows all his numbers well into his hundreds and is picking up on math real quick. His reading is also coming along really well. He's even beginning to pick up simple books to read for fun! We love this goofy boy.

As for John and I, well, this is the worst semester yet. John is gone every day from 7am till about 6pm (I know this is normal for many of you with working husbands but I think I got used to student life), plus one day a week when he doesn't get home till 7:30. He's working hard and doing well and is looking forward to getting into clinic in August. I can hardly believe we're half way there! We are very excited to be moving and will be getting the keys to our new home this coming Sat. We've been reluctant to post this exciting news, because really it is too good to be true. We are moving into a 3 bedroom house on nearly 3 acres of land overlooking a pond (looks more like a lake to me, I'm not really sure how large a pond has to be here before they call it a lake). It's in a cute little town on the south shore of MA, population about 7 or 8000. Cohasset is home to a beautiful sandy beach (only residents have access to) and great schools. We'll also be close enough to the commuter rail for John to ride a bike to (wahoo for no more waking the kids up to drive John to the subway!) and the commute time will be about the same. It's kind of a long story as to how we scored this amazing place for far less rent than we pay now but we feel so blessed and I don't think I've ever been so excited to start packing.

Here's a few pictures of the kids and I'll try not to go so long before I post again.

Aiden reading to Ben

Why do baby's nails grow so fast and why must they scratch themselves?

I love that Aiden is showing Ben where the camera is in this one

This is what Abby can be found doing when the rest of us are cleaning the house


9 comments:

Amit and Heather said...

I love the ones with all three of them. Such great pics!

Janssen said...

Can't wait to see your new place! What a great thing for you guys!

Cherisa said...

Finally! A new post! Yeah! (Not that I don't get to see you all every week.)

Ben is getting so cute! I love it when they start smiling. The smiles are only beat out by the discovery of a voice that isn't just crying.

So excited for your move! Let me know if I can help with childcare (I don't lift or pack but I will unpack if asked!).

Rachel said...

Thanks for the pictures! We love Abby in nursery! She is the best. Congrats on the new place.

Jeni said...

great post...I need to do one of these soon too. That 7-6 schedule stinks...and yes...it's what the rest of us deal with every day...Sean had that schedule when he was in school too...they were slave drivers...but he's moving up...went from slave to indentured servent...pretty soon he'll be a free citizen again. :)

mom2cherreys said...

WOW, the new place sounds amazing! Will you still be in the Hingham ward or is that in new ward boundries? The kids look great and it was good to get an update from you!

Deidre said...

Very excited for your new place, I swear Ben is even bigger than the last time I saw him! Did you get new couches? Let us know if we can do anything...Brad would be happy to ride home with John to watch kids or help pack/move.

Marie said...

What a great update!

Your new home sounds wonderful! You will just love it, I'm sure. Wow. Wow.

The kids all sure look big to me.

Abby Metz said...

Wow - Ben is a super sleeper! The new place sounds AMAZING - post pics soon! hehehehe - we miss you guys - if you were here Abby and Naomi could share notes on how to drive their big brothers crazy!