That's right, I said good bye to my twenties this year. Again, I know, my birthday was back at the beginning of August, but I am determined to get caught up. Turning 30 was an odd feeling. I didn't feel old or wish that I could stay 29 forever. It just felt odd leaving my twenties knowing that all the best, most significant occasions in my life so far happened in my twenties. Meeting and marrying John, having three amazing gorgeous children, getting into dental school (yes I realize it's not me that got in:). Let's just say my twenties were awesome. So with that I say goodbye to my twenties and look forward to those significant events which will surely come in my thirties.
John had school all day on my birthday, but as soon as he got home he put Aiden and Abby in the car to head out for some takeout, a cake and a gift from the kids. My gift from John you ask? Well, an intro to glassblowing class of course:) I've always wanted to learn glassblowing and lucky for me I have a husband who listens:) So the following Sat I headed off (kid free of course:) to Diablo Glass School for a three our class in the hot shop. I had a GREAT time. Though there was no glassblowing involved (a more advanced technique) I did try my hand at glass sculpting. I look forward to learning more of this fascinating art in the future. Thanks to a fellow student and his iphone I do have a photo of me at work.

7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMSEN!!!! I think it's soooo cool that you got to take a lesson in glass blowing - sweet paperweight!
Glass blowing looks so cool! Such a fun gift!
Happy Birthday friend! What a fun gift!
I'm so glad you got to do something fun! I felt sad that John was the only one on rotation that day. Happy 3-0, you are really amazing Tamsen.
What a very cool birthday gift. It must have been so fun to try! And your creation is, indeed, something to be proud of.
How fun!
Happy Birthday!!!!! So cool! I'll have to ask for a glass blowing class for Christmas!
Post a Comment